- An appetite for something; a strong appreciation or liking: a relish for luxury.
- Hearty enjoyment; zest. See synonyms at zest.
- Something that lends pleasure or zest.
- A spicy or savory condiment or appetizer, such as chutney or olives.
- A condiment of chopped sweet pickle.
- The flavor of a food, especially when appetizing. See synonyms at taste.
- A trace or suggestion of a pleasurable quality.
v., -ished, -ish·ing, -ish·es.v.tr.
- To take keen or zestful pleasure in.
- To enjoy the flavor of.
- To give spice or flavor to.
To have a pleasing or distinctive taste.