- Extent of perception, knowledge, experience, or ability.
- The area or sphere in which an activity takes place.
- The full extent covered: within the range of possibilities.
- An amount or extent of variation: a wide price range.
- Music. The gamut of tones that a voice or instrument is capable of producing. Also called compass.
- The maximum extent or distance limiting operation, action, or effectiveness, as of a projectile, aircraft, radio signal, or sound.
- The maximum distance that can be covered by a vehicle with a specified payload before its fuel supply is exhausted.
- The distance between a projectile weapon and its target.